To provide care and attention to the spiritual formation, human formation and social needs of SIC parents.
The SIC Parents Group (PG) consists of parents who meet every Sunday morning during Sunday School:
(1) to get to know one another and to network,
(2) to strengthen their faith,
(3) and to participate in talks on pertinent family life issues.
(4) Parents, their families and friends have also formed a dynamic Parents’ Craft Group where they pool their talents to learn and produce handmade crafts. Through their efforts of time and talent these parents provide support to various charitable causes within SIC and beyond.
(5) In addition, Parents Group provides help and support to the Sunday School when required in organising its activities.
PARENTS’ CRAFT GROUP
If you want to learn how to make unique and quality handmade crafts and, at the same time, do a bit of charity, come and join the SIC Parents’ Craft Group – a sub group of the SIC Family Life Ministry (FLM).
SIC Parents’ Craft Group, which has been in existence for more than 10 years, offers craft sessions every Sunday when there is Sunday School from 10.30 am to 12 noon. Interested parents whilst waiting for their children join in common enthusiasm and camaraderie to make different types of crafts taught by experienced craft teachers and members.
Items made are displayed a week or two sundays before Chinese New Year, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, Christmas, and at the Annual FLM Cafeteria and selected SIC parish events. All donations collected less costs go to selected charities and outreach trips organised by Family Life Ministry with Parents’ Group.
The ongoing month long SIC Marian Exhibition from 8 to 30 October 2017 provides the Group the opportunity to show its members’ versatility and creativity as all items offered are Marian themed. Many visitors from SIC and other churches have commented on the quality and uniqueness of the craft items – rosary holders, painted glass bottles, miniature gardens, handpainted t-shirts, decorated frames and more.
To join the SIC Parents’ Craft Group, please call Michael (0192225660).